The solar plexus chakra is also know as the manipura chakra in Sanskrit. The manipura chakra is located below the base of the sternum and above the navel
Manipura chakra is the center of the will and personal power. Our confidence and self-esteem reside here. It’s through the solar plexus that we see ourselves as individuals in the wider world and how the world looks back on us. Some people equate the solar plexus with the ego.
This chakra governs the digestion and organs associated with digestion such as the stomach, small and large intestines, spleen, pancreas, liver and gallbladder. The sense organs are the eyes.
People with vital and balanced solar plexus chakras have a strong and clear sense of self and self worth.They are confident, manifest their intentions, take responsibility for their actions and exert control over their lives.
Because of the connection with the digestive tract, it is not surprising that imbalances in the solar plexus manifest in the physical body as any of a wide range of digestive issues: frequent constipation or diarrhea, ulcers, diabetes as well as stomach, intestinal and liver problems. The solar plexus is also associated with eating disorders such as bulimia and anorexia, food addictions and emotional dependence on comfort foods.
Many people who are too strongly governed by this chakra or have an over developed solar plexus chakra are over thinkers – they can be very rational and analytical to the point of ignoring their more playful, creative nature. Distrust, anger and greed can be associated with solar plexus imbalance. These attributes are more outward in nature and more aggressive yang expressions of imbalance.
Alternatively, a person may be suspicious or feel powerless, hopeless, pessimistic, doubtful, frustrated or depressed. These attributes are associated with inward focused yin excess and submissive imbalances.
Oils we will be using for our blend:
• Latin Name: Citrus Reticulata
• Country Of Origin: China, Far East, Mediterranean, Middle East and Brazil
• Obtained by: Cold expression of outer peel
• Floral aroma: Top Note
• Scent: Intensely sweet, floral, citrus scent
• Safety Data: Non-toxic, Non- Irritant, possibly phototoxic
• Action: Antiseptic, Anti spasmodic, Carminative, Digestive, mild diuretic and laxative, sedative
• Benefits: Used in treatment of acne, congested and oily skin, scars
• The Oil and the Chakra:Choice of this oil for this chakra was determined by it’s ability to move stagnant Qi , ease tension and frustration. It’s sunny and summery disposition and smell alters our mood and helps us release pent up feelings.
• Latin Name: Juniperus Communis
• Country Of Origin: Scandinavia, Siberia, Canada, Northern Europe and Northern Asia
• Obtained by: Steam distillation of the ripe fruit
• Floral aroma: Middle Note
• Scent: Fresh, piney , balsamic, woody
• Safety Data: Non-toxic, Non- Irritant, Not to be used in pregnancy as it stimulates the uterine muscle. Also contra indicated to people suffering from kidney disease
• Action: Antirheumatic, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Aphrodisiac , Astringent, Diuretic, Sedative
• Benefits: Used in treatment of Acne, dermatitis, eczema, hair loss, hemorrhoids, oily complexions. Also used in slimming treatments, cellulite treatments, rheumatism ,painful periods, anxiety, nervous tension and stress related conditions
• The Oil and the Chakra: I have chosen juniper for balancing this chakra because it releases feelings and energetic blockages associated with anger, frustration and annoyance. Juniper also detoxifies and helps clear the liver. It strengthens the will power and eases a sense of fear of failure, which supports the restoration of self-confidence and a sense of self-worth.
• Latin Name: Nardostchys jatamansi
• Country Of Origin: India, China , Japan
• Obtained by: Steam distillation of dried and crushed rhizome and root
• Floral aroma: Base Note
• Scent: Heavy, Spicy Animal odor
• Safety Data: Non-toxic, Non- Irritant, Non Sensitizing
• Action: Anti-inflammatory, Bactericidal, Fungicidal, Deodorant, sedative and tonic
• Benefits: Used in treatment of skin allergies and rashes in products for mature skin types. Also for treatments of insomnia ( this oil also promotes beautiful dreams) , nervous indigestion, migraines, stress and tension.
• The oil and the Chakra: Spikenard works deeply. It nourishes a sense of hope, love and compassion reflection. It releases fear of the unknown, opening one to courage and action.
We will meet again soon to discuss our blend for balancing the Heart Chakra. In the meantime
wishing you loads of love, laughter, light and happiness.